Chocolate is by far the most popular ingredient that is utilised in puddings and various dishes throughout the world. A red velvet cake recipe is one of the most generally available desserts. Below is one of the simplest red velvet cake recipes from scratch that you can easily prepare in advance and served to your guests as a special surprise.
What you’ll need:
– Quarter (1/4) cup of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
– Two tablespoons of red gel food dye
– 1/4 cup of hot water
– Six tablespoons of softened unsalted butter
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening
– 1 2/3 cups of sugar
– Three large eggs at room temperature
– One cup of buttermilk
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– Two and a half (2 1/2) cups of cake flour
– One teaspoon of salt
– One (1) tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– In a bowl, beat the vegetable shortening and butter using a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
– Add the sugar and beat again.
– Break in the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating at low speed.
– In a new bowl, whisk together the red food dye, cocoa powder and hot water.
– Place aside to cool down.
– Beat the flour and bicarbonate of soda using a fork. Divide the mix in 2 equal quantities.
– Add the buttermilk and vanilla to the cooled cocoa mix.
– Now add half (1/2) of the flour mix to the cocoa-buttermilk mix and beat the mixture at low speed.
– Now add the rest of the flour mix to the egg-butter mix and mix well to create an even batter.
– Now fold the two (2) batters together and mix in the cider vinegar gently.
– Preheat the oven to 325F.
– Grease or line a 9 in. cake pan.
– Pour the prepared batter in the pan.
– Bake in the preheated oven for roughly one hour at 325F.
– Remove from the oven once the cake is ready. Leave it to cool to room temperature.
Items needed for serving the cake:
– One and a half cups of cream cheese frosting
– One packet of chocolate bark
– Crumble the red velvet cake in a mixing bowl.
– Add the cream cheese frosting and mix well.
– Make small balls of this mix by rolling it in the palms of your hands.
– Freeze the balls for 2 hours.
– Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave and stir until smooth.
– Dip the frozen cake balls in the melted chocolate and roll around a little to cover from all sides.
– Place the chocolate covered balls on a parchment sheet and let them sit until they become firm.
– Drizzle some dark caramel sauce over the chocolate balls.
– Let them cool in the fridge until it is time to serve.
Anu is a devoted baker whose eastern influence helps her to create the most amazing cake recipes.Anu’s impressive creations can be discovered on Cake Recipe Secrets.This week you’ll find Anu’s Red Velvet Cake recipes from scratch along with links to her other notable cake treats.