Recipe for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Waffle

This easy waffle recipe brings you a healthier, low fat, sugar-free sweet treat. These nutritious waffles are made of whole wheat flour and oatmeal. This specific recipe takes away two of the unhealthy “white” foods: sugar and salt, and it substitutes white flour with a more healthy option that’s whole wheat flour! Each in the ingredients is nutritious, healthy and weight-friendly. You don’t really need to be troubled about getting fatter upon partaking into these waffles. Oats are an excellent source of fiber and manganese plus they give you a wide range of health advantages, such as regulating blood sugar, decreasing cholesterol levels, supporting heart function and improving the body’s immune response.

Whole wheat, on the other hand, is definitely the world’s most important cereal crop. It has amazing quantities of fiber, manganese, tryptophan and magnesium. By far the most healthy parts within the wheat grain would be the bran and the germ.

Even so, bleached flours are produced with only 60% wheat, the rest of the 40% was taken away throughout the manufacturing procedure. More than half of the following vitamins are displaced: vitamin B1, B2, B3, E, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, iron, as well as fiber. But in case you choose to work with 100% whole wheat flour wherein the bran as well as the germ still remain, you could be assured of its amazing health benefits! Whole wheat assists to keep a healthy body weight, drastically decreases our risks to metabolic disorder and type two diabetes (based on research), and aids to eliminate long-term inflammation.

The resulting waffles go great with additional healthy fruit toppings which include blueberries, strawberries and bananas!

Produce: 4-6 servings

Ingredients: two cups entire wheat flour, 1 cup quick oats, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 1/2 cups milk, two tablespoons oil, 2 eggs, Syrup, jam, butter, fresh fruit, or whipped cream, for serving,


Blend flour, oats, and baking powder in any medium-sized mixing bowl. Meanwhile, stir in milk, oil, and eggs in a another bowl, after which whip the mixture. Add this into flour mixture and stir rapidly to blend. Allow batter sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken a little. Pre-heat waffle iron, and gently coat hot grids with oil. Scoop out waffle batter into the grid and close lid. Bake till done (according to waffle maker manufacturer’s manual). If you like dense Belgian-like waffles, cook for about 4 minutes. Preset a timer to make certain not to overcook or undercook the waffles. Smoothly open waffle maker lid and take out baked waffles with the help of a fork. Before cooking the rest of the batter, lightly coat grid with oil once again in case needed. Let waffles to cool down or serve them warm and fresh together with syrup, butter, jam, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.

Notes: The particular waffles will not be sweet considering that they’re made without sugar. You may put sweet fruits above them to naturally sweeten the waffles. For leftover waffles, they can be stored in refrigerator or be chilled, and re-heated by using a microwave or toaster.

The Author is a weight conscious and loves nutritious waffles. He has a website about how to make healthy waffles. Click this Whole Wheat Oatmeal Waffle Recipe or visit Healthy Oatmeal Waffle Recipe:Sugar Free Waffles for more!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *