120g Margarine (Melted)
1 Cup White Sugar
2 Cups SR Flour
1 Cup Milk
1 ½ Teaspoon Instant Coffee (mixed with a very small amount of water)
- Cream Margarine and White Sugar together using an Electric Beater
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Line two deep Cake Tins with Baking Paper
- Pour Mixture into Tins
- Bake for 30mins at 180°C (356°F)
- Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool
- To make icing, mix 1 cup icing sugar (powdered white sugar), with 70g of softened butter, and 1 tablespoon of milk
- To make the icing Coffee flavored, either add 1 teaspoon of Coffee essence, or mix a few grains of instant coffee with a tablespoon of hot water, and add to the mix.
- Mix icing by hand, if too watery, add more icing sugar till thick
- Remove the less attractive cake and place it on the serving plate
- Use a spatula to spread the icing thinly over this cake (just enough to stick the two layers together)
- Place the more attractive cake on the top layer, and now it's ready to eat !