This chocolate chip cookies recipe is the culmination of much experimentation for the complete greatest in chocolate chip goodness. The trick would be to cream the butter and sugar together, but to not overbeat the dough. Another element that helps to create such a tasty cookie will be to chill the dough just before baking. Have a look at the added suggestions at the end of the recipe for a lot more insider directions.
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 pound cold unsalted butter, cut into inch pieces, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup tightly packed light brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract, 1 huge egg, room temperature, lightly beaten, 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt inside a medium sized bowl.
2. Inside a separate bowl, cream together the white sugar, light brown sugar, and butter until totally incorporated.
3. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix together. Do not overbeat.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients from the medium-sized bowl. It is important that you do not overbeat at this point, either.
5. Cover and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of an hour – overnight is preferable.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Making use of either parchment paper or slip pads, drop the dough by rounded teaspoons (or making use of a small ice cream scoop) about two inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes (based on your oven) or till the edges of the cookies are golden brown. The centers must appear “undone”.
8. Take out cookies from the oven and let them set for about five minutes. Move to cooling racks and let cool an extra 15 minutes.
The end result is a crispy, but chewy cookie good enough for essentially the most discerning chocolate chip cookie connoisseur (for more recipes check the link). As soon as you try this uncomplicated but outstanding chocolate chip cookies recipe, you will forget there was ever a different way of baking. Listed here are some extra suggestions that could help you in your quest for the best cookie ever:
1. The cookie dough can be rolled into a log, wrapped in plastic wrap, and refrigerated. Just cut the proper thickness from the log and bake as instructed above.
2. Use a combination of chocolate, from milk chocolate mini-bits to huge chunks of decadent bittersweet goodness.
3. Do not use “fake” vanilla extract. Get the genuine stuff.
4. By the same token, do not use “fake” butter, either. Having said that, “nut” butters, such as almond or cashew, may be substituted for vegan chocolate chip cookie aficionados.
5. This recipe may also use oatmeal, nuts, or raisins, in accordance with tastes. Decrease the amount of sugar or use a baking sugar substitute to accommodate a diabetic cookie fan.
6. For an outstanding dessert, increase the size of the cookies and use two of them to sandwich your favorite flavor of ice cream.
The author loves to bake and cook and features a site that consists of very simple recipes. It displays an array of easy-to-do recipes like recipe for the ultimate chocolate chip cookies. Take a look at this this recipe for more mouth-watering delicacies.