Chocolate cakes are voted the most well liked desserts ever all around the globe. There are many variations of chocolate cake recipe, but a plain chocolate cake with a subtle twist is all you really need to earn plenty of praise for the treats at your next party. Here’s a very simple to prepare plain chocolate cake recipe that is delightful to look at as well as to eat.
What you need:
– All-purpose flour – 4 1/2 cups
– Castor sugar – 2 cups
– Vanilla extract – 1 1/2 teaspoons
– Cocoa powder – Three-quarters (3/4) of a cup
– Bicarbonate of soda – Two teaspoons
– Baking powder – Two (2) teaspoons
– Butter – 1 cup (softened and at room temperature)
– Milk – One and a quarter cups
– Eggs – Three large
– Hot coffee – One and a quarter cups
– Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
– Grease two 7 inch cake tins using a little bit of oil and lightly dust the insides with some flour.
– Use a blender to beat the butter, sugar and eggs. Beat them at top speed till the mix becomes smooth and creamy and the sugar dissolves.
– Now add the milk and hot coffee to the mixture and beat for another 3 minutes so that the ingredients are well incorporated.
– In a fresh bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and cocoa powder. Sift these ingredients together.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, spoon by spoon, and mix well. Scrape the base and sides of the bowl when mixing so that it is well combined.
– Pour the batter in the greased cake tins and smooth the tops.
– Bake in the pre-heated oven for about one hour until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
– Allow the cakes to cool in the tin.
While the cake is cooking you can prepare the delicious cream decoration to go on top.
What you will need:
– Fresh cream – Two and a quarter (2 1/4) cups
– Dark cooking chocolate (70% cocoa content) – Five hundred grams
– Fresh raspberries (cut lengthwise) – Two hundred and fifty (250) grams
– Heat the cream in a frying pan till very hot, but not boiling.
– Take off the heat and cool for two (2) minutes, then add the dark cooking chocolate.
– Mix well until the mix becomes shiny and glossy.
– Place in the fridge to chill while the cake cools.
To arrange the cake:
– Put one cake on a cake stand and cover with chocolate cream.
– Place another layer on top of it, drizzle the left-over cream on the top, and decorate with the cut raspberries.
– Your cake is ready to serve.
About the Author: Anu is a dedicated baker whose eastern influence allows her to create the most superb cake recipes.Anu’s impressive creations can be discovered on Cake Recipe Secrets.This week you will find Anu’s Plain Chocolate Cake recipe together with links to her other noteworthy cake treats.