Warm muffins go perfectly with an evening tea party. They’re straightforward to make and easy to eat. In fact, a large number of people say that they would rather eat muffins than cakes when in a hurry during tea time as it is easier to eat. One of the most famous banana bread recipe is this one as the key ingredient is a healthful fruit. Here’s a tasty coffee-banana bread muffin recipe you can prepare at home in virtually no time at all.
What you will need:
– Ripe and mashed bananas – three to four
– Softened butter – 1/3 cup
– Sugar – three-quarters of a cup
– Egg – one
– Vanilla essence – one (1) teaspoon
– Espresso – one tablespoon
– Flour – 1 1/2 cups
– Chopped walnuts – 1 cup
– Baking powder – one (1) teaspoon
– Heat the oven to 350F.
– This recipe caters for twelve muffins; accordingly, grease and flour twelve muffin molds.
– In a bowl, break in the egg and beat till fluffy.
– Add the sugar and mix using a wooden spoon.
– Add the mashed bananas and softened butter and mix using a wooden spoon until the ingredients are well incorporated.
– Whisk in the vanilla essence and espresso and mix all of the ingredients well.
– In another bowl, mix together the flour, walnuts and baking powder.
– Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and mix well to get a smooth batter.
– Pour the prepared batter in the muffin molds (fill only three-quarters (3/4) of the way).
– Bake in the preheated oven for twenty-five to thirty minutes ’til the muffins are ready. You can check by inserting a toothpick or skewer; if it comes out clean then the muffins are ready.
– Cool for about ten minutes before removing from the mold, then cool on a wire cooling rack.
While cream cheese frosting is the traditional frosting that goes with banana bread, here are some other interesting frosting recipes you can try out.
Browned Butter Frosting
What you’ll need:
– Butter – 1/3 cup
– Powdered sugar – 3 cups
– Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
– Milk – 4 tablespoons
– Heat the butter in a shallow pan over a low heat until just browned.
– Take off the heat and cool.
– Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and milk to the butter and beat well to get the mixture to a spreading consistency.
– Spread over the cooled muffins, decorate the top with sliced bananas and cool for a little longer before serving.
– You can also put the frosting in a piping bag and pipe it in any design you like on the muffins.
Passionfruit Glace Icing
What you need:
– Icing sugar – one cup
– Passionfruit pulp – one and a half (1 1/2) cups
– Whisk the icing sugar and passionfruit pulp in a mixing bowl.
– Pour lightly over the baked muffins and cool for a little while before serving.
Anukriti has a novel viewpoint on bread and bread recipes. Anukriti’s avid eye for ’cause and effect’ permits her to substitute local ingredients and techniques in conventional bread recipes.Her Banana Bread Recipe is Anukriti’s latest fantastic offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipes can be found on Bread Recipe Secrets.