Garlic, cheese and bread are three (3) easy ingredients that can be found in any kitchen. You can easily turn these 3 foods into a delightful bread recipe for your next party. The following garlic cheese bread recipe requires only fifteen (15) minutes to prepare and ten minutes to cook. You can prepare the cheese mix in advance and use it just prior to serving.
What you will need:
– Cheddar cheese (grated) – 3 1/2 cups
– Monterey Jack cheese, grated – Three-quarters (3/4) of a cup
– Parmesan cheese (grated) – Half (1/2) a cup
– Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
– Green onions – Four
– Salt – A pinch
– Crusty French bread (fresh) – One loaf
– Butter – One (1) stick
– Fresh garlic cloves – Four
– Hand-grated cheese tastes better than store-bought so try to use fresh grated cheese.
– Remove the outer skins of the garlic cloves by peeling.
– Mince the garlic cloves using a sharp knife to get very fine pieces.
– Finely chop the green onions including both the white part and the dark green part. You’ll get small ringlets.
– In a clean bowl, take 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and add the chopped green onions to it.
– Now add 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese, three-quarters (3/4) of a cup of grated Monterey Jack cheese and half (1/2) a cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
– Add the salt. Note: If you choose to use salted butter you can completely skip the salt as the cheeses also contain salt.
– Mix all the ingredients together well.
– Store the mix in the fridge for later use. Storing will also let all the flavours mix together.
– To prepare the bread, first cut the bread in half horizontally and then in half vertically so you end up with four equal pieces.
– Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
– Divide the chopped garlic in four (4) equal amounts.
– Divide the butter in four equal parts.
– Take one portion of butter and one portion of garlic in a heavy bottomed pan.
– Saute over low heat.
– Place one piece of bread (white face down) in the butter and let the bread absorb the butter. The garlic will stick to the bread.
– Remove from the pan.
– Take the left-over garlic pieces from the skillet and add another portion of butter and garlic.
– Repeat the above steps for all pieces of bread.
– Place the bread pieces on a baking sheet or tray and generously spread the prepared cheese mixture on top of each bread piece.
– Bake the bread in the heated oven for ten (10) minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and hot.
– Remove from the oven and cut the bread into fingers (thin slices) to serve.
– Serve hot.
Anukriti has a completely unique point of view on bread and bread recipes. Anukriti’s keen eye for ’cause and effect’ enables her to substitute local ingredients and techniques in traditional bread recipes.Her Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe is Anukriti’s latest fantastic offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipes can be discovered on Bread Recipe Secrets.