There are numerous forms of red velvet cake recipes from scratch , but I like the blend of plenty of dark chocolate with the colourful red of the cake. I like making the following red velvet cake recipe at home and I always get great compliments for this creation, be it at a children’s party or a formalised soiree.
What you will need:
– Unsalted butter – 1 cup
– Sugar – 1 1/4 cups
– Light brown sugar – 1 1/4 cups
– Sizeable eggs – 6
– Vanilla extract – 2 small spoons
– All-purpose flour – 3 cups
– Baking soda – 1/4 large spoon
– Sour cream – 1 cup
– Dark cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
– Baking powder – 1/2 small spoon
– Red food colourising – 15 ml
– Preheat the stove to 325F.
– Grease three round cake pans employing a little oil and dust them with a little flour.
– In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Beat well using a blender till creamy and smooth.
– Break in the eggs, one by one, and whisk well after each addition.
– Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
– In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and dark cocoa powder.
– Take a clean bowl, put one cup of flour mix in the bowl and add 3/4 cup of the sour cream to it. Mix well.
– Repeat the above step, swapping between flour mix and sour cream until you get a smooth mix.
– Slowly add this mix to the egg-butter mix and blend well.
– Add the red food color and mix well. Make sure that you scrape the sides of the bowl so that the color is uniform.
– Pour the prepared batter in the cake pans similarly.
– Bake in the preheated range at 325F for 45 minutes.
– Take away the cakes from the pans and cool on wire racks completely before applying frosting.
Chocolate hazelnut frosting for the extra dose of chocolate on the cake
What you will need:
– Cream cheese – 500 grams
– Roughly chopped dark chocolate – 2 cups
– Baking chocolate – 2 squares
– Crushed sugar – 1 cup
– Vanilla – 1 spoon
– Roasted hazelnuts, cut – 1 cup
– Put the chocolates in a bowl in the microwave and micro on high for 2-3 minutes.
– Stir well to mix then cool.
– Add the slipped cream cheese and vanilla. Mix well.
– Mix in the chopped hazelnuts and your frosting is prepared.
To assemble the cake:
– Place one cake layer on a plate and spread a layer of frosting on the top.
– Place another cake layer on the top and press gently. ?
– Spread another layer of frosting and place another layer of cake on top.
– Spread the leftover frosting on the top and sides.
– Serve chilled.
u is a dedicated baker who’s eastern influence permits her to create the most superb cake recipe’s.Anu’s inspired creations can be discovered on Cake Recipe Secrets.This week you'll find Anu’s Red Velvet Cake recipes from nothing along with links to her other memorable cake treats.