Bread is among the most simple to prepare and filling snacks you can make at home. I find making bread a very soothing process and the ultimate results are extraordinarily lip smacking. I try and make my pumpkin bread recipe as easy as possible in order that they do not take much time to prepare. You need to try out the following healthy pumpkin bread recipe .
– 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 spoon of baking powder
– 2 little spoons of sodium bicarbonate
– 1 little spoon of ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/2 small spoon of all spice powder
– 1 cup of granular sugar
– 1/2 cup of egg replacer (you need to use flaxseed powder too)
– 1/2 cup of canola oil
– 1/2 cup of low fat buttermilk (I really like to use homemade and fresh buttermilk; I have added the buttermilk recipe below)
– 2 sizeable eggs
– 2/3 cup of water
– 1 can of pumpkin
– 1/3 cup of sliced pecans or walnuts
– 1 cup of lo-fat milk
– 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar
For the buttermilk:
– Add the vinegar to the milk and stir well.
– Let the mix stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
– Stir once again and you've got your fresh buttermilk prepared.
This recipe is enough for two 9-inch breads.
– Grease and flour two 9×5 in. bread-baking dishes.
– Preheat the stove to 350F.
– In a bowl, take the eggs and egg replacer and blend them at low speed to get a fluffy mix.
– Add the sugar and mix at medium speed to dissolve the sugar.
– Add the canola oil to the mix and blend to emulsify the mix.
– Add the fresh buttermilk to the above mix and mix on medium speed.
– In a clean bowl, take the pumpkin and water.
– Blend the pumpkin mix for approximately 2 minutes to get a smooth puree.
– Add the pumpkin puree to the egg-oil mix and blend more to get a smooth liquid.
– Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, 1/4 cup at a time. Blend well at medium speed after each addition. In the end you'll get a smooth batter.
– Decant the batter in the greased baking dishes.
– Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on the bread batter.
– Bake in the heated cooker at 350F for roughly 50 minutes.
– Cover the bread with silver foil and heat for another 10 minutes.
– Take from the cooker and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
– Remove from the pan and cool the bread on a wire rack.
You can safely wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for around a month.
Anukriti has a novel perspective on bread and bread recipe’s. Anukriti’s ardent eye for ’cause and effect ‘ allows her to substitute local ingredients and strategies in normal bread recipe’s.Her Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe is Anukriti’s latest superb offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipe’s can be discovered on Bread Recipe Secrets.