This next banana bread recipe is composed solely of vegetarian or vegan ingredients. Most significant is the vegan margarine which might not always be available in every part of the world. If you are unsuccessful in finding this in your local grocer or vegan specialty store, then a good substitute would be plain vegetable oil. Saba bananas are also referred to as cardaba bananas in some parts of the world. It is also called Biu gedang saba, Pisang Nepah, Pisang Kepok, Kluai Hin, Opu-‘ulu, and Dippig. This is a thick and wide sort of banana, approximately 8 – 13 cm long and 2.5 – 5.5 cm in diameter, and is typically found in Asian countries. So if you are from Asia, then you will know exactly what’s required here. It is often a pleasure crafting one’s own food, and with this Vegan Banana Bread Recipe , the product also turns out to be healthy.
– Third (1/3) of a c. of vegan margarine
– Half a cup of sugar
– Two cups of flour
– One and a half (1 1/2) tsp. of baking powder
– Half (1/2) tsp. of baking soda
– 2 ripe saba bananas, mashed
– Half a cup of soy milk
– 1 tsp of vanilla
– 1/2 c of chopped cashew nuts
– Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Cream together the vegan margarine (or vegetable oil) and sugar; then mix in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
– Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well.
– Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for approx. one (1) hour or simply ’til the cake springs back when gently touched.
– Remove the bread pan from the oven and let it cool for approximately ten minutes.
– Remove the bread from the bread loaf pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
– Once the cake is completely cooled, apply some Avocado Frosting for a delicious combination of taste and texture.
– Eight (8) oz. of avocado meat (approx. two (2) small to medium avocados)
– Two teaspoons of lemon juice
– One (1) lb. of sifted confectioner’s sugar
– Half (1/2) tsp. of lemon extract
– Peel and pit the avocados and then mash the meat.
– Put the avocado meat into a large mixer bowl together with the lemon juice and beat until creamy and light in color (approximately three minutes).
– Add the sifted confectioner’s sugar, one teaspoon at a time, and beat until smooth.
– Add the lemon extract and continue mixing to combine the ingredients well.
– Spread evenly on top of the Vegan Banana Bread.
Anukriti has a completely unique viewpoint on bread and bread recipes. Anukriti’s ardent eye for ’cause and effect’ permits her to substitute local ingredients and techniques in traditional bread recipes.Her vegan banana bread recipe is Anukriti’s latest fantastic offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipes can be found on Bread Recipe Secrets.