Straightforward Recipe to Turn Straightforward Bread into a Mouth-watering Pudding
Whenever you are in a hurry and need to make some simple dessert without having to go do some shopping for ingredients, then the following bread pudding recipe will surely become your favorite. It uses easy ingredients like bread and bananas and turns them into something super succulent that nobody will be in a position to resist. Here’s my straightforward banana bread pudding recipe.
What you may need:
– Bread cubes – 7 cups (crust removed)
– Giant eggs – 6
– Sugar – 3/4 cup
– Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
– Heavy whipping cream – 1 1/2 cups
– Half and half – 1 1/2 cups
– Vanilla extract – 1 spoon
– Dark brown sugar – 1/4 cup
– Butter – 3 big spoons (use unsalted butter)
– Fresh lime juice – 1 large spoon
– Medium-sized ripe bananas – 4
– Preheat the cooker to 350F.
– Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Gently roast the bread in the oven for roughly 7 minutes to dry them. I really like to spread a little butter on them, but you can roast them as they are.
– Remove from the cooker and put aside to cool down.
– Take the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and 1/8 small spoon of salt in a bowl and whisk them together.
– In a saucepan, take the cream and half and half and bring them to the boil on medium flame. Simmer for two minutes and remove from the flame.
– Slowly tip the egg mix in the cream mix and whisk to mix well.
– Employ a fine separate to strain the prepared custard in a bowl. Put aside to cool to lukewarm temperature.
– While the custard cools you can prepare the bananas. Peel and slice the bananas lengthwise and cut them crosswise in thin pieces.
– In a frying pan, take the butter and brown sugar and stir on low heat until you get a sauce, then add the lemon juice.
– Throw the banana pieces in the sauce to coat from both sides and heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and cool.
– Grease a wide glass baking dish (8x8x2 in.) or you can also assemble the pudding in individual dishes and bake, but I find an enormous dish of pudding simpler to prepare.
– Take 1/3 of the roasted bread cubes and spread them on the base of the dish.
– Top the bread cubes with 1/2 of the banana slices and sauce.
– Pour 1/3 of the custard on the top to cover the bread and bananas.
– Take 1/3 of the bread cubes and spread them on top of the custard and repeat with a layer of the rest of the banana slices and syrup and 1/3 of the custard.
– Spread the rest of the bread cubes on top and cover with the remaining custard.
– Cover with tin foil and bake the dish in a water bath for roughly 30 minutes at 350F. (To make the water bath, fill a giant, deep metal baking pan halfway with water.)
– Take away the foil and heat for another 45 minutes until the pudding is puffed up and the custard is set.
– Remove and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Anukriti has a singular viewpoint on bread and bread recipe’s. Anukriti’s ardent eye for ’cause and effect ‘ lets her substitute local ingredients and methodologies in conventional bread recipe’s.Her banana bread pudding recipe is Anukriti’s latest extraordinary offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipe’s can be discovered on Bread RecipeSecrets.