Yellow Cake Recipe
List of Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (scoop the flour into a measuring cup and level off with a knife)
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
12 tbsps (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsps intensly flavored vanilla extract
6 large egg whites
3/4 cup milk
To Prepare The Cake:
1. For starters, take out two 9″ round cake pans and grease them and then lightly dust them with flour.
2. Position a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat it to 350 degrees Farenheit.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, mixing well.
4. Put the butter and the sugar in the bowl of a heavy duty electric mixer which has the paddle attachment and then beat the sugar and butter on medium speed for about 5 mins. The sugar and butter will end up being light, soft yellow and develop a “ribbon.” Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Whisk together the egg whites and milk by yourself within a medium sized mixing bowl up to the point barely consolidated.
6. Decrease the mixer rate to low and continue to sprinkle in a quater of the flour mix, then one-third of the milk combo, every now and then stopping to scrape down and around the bowl after every addition. Mix in yet another quarter of the flour, then another third of the milk blend. Scrape just as before. Repeat again with one more quarter of the flour and the rest of the milk; clean bowl. Finally, blend in the rest of the flour mixture.
7. Scrape the bowl well using a large rubber spatula because it helps not to waste any of the batter. Put the batter in the greased pans and smooth the tops.
8. Bake the cake layers for about 30 to 35 minutes, until the layers have risen and they are firm. A toothpick placed in the center of the pan should come out clean. Cool the cake inside the pans on racks for 10 minutes, then turn over onto racks to finish cooling to work-able temperature.