Fast Dessert Using Blueberries and Bananas
Banana Bread is a very popular breakfast because of its superb taste and great health benefits. The following quick banana bread recipe is not just easy to prepare but will also quickly vanish from the serving plate.
– Flour – Two and a half (2 1/2) cups
– Sugar (white) – Half (1/2) cup
– Sugar (light brown) – Half (1/2) cup
– Baking powder – One (1) tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon
– Salt – One (1) teaspoon
– Cinnamon – 1/8 teaspoon
– Shredded coconut – Half a cup
– Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
– Milk – One-third of a cup
– Egg – 1
– Vanilla – 2 teaspoons
– Ripe bananas (medium-sized) – 3
– Pecans (sliced) – One cup
– Frozen blueberries – Two (2) cups
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– Grease an 8 in. baking pan and place aside.
– In a bowl, take the ripe bananas and mash them using a fork.
– Add the egg, oil, white sugar and brown sugar to the bananas and use an electric mixer at a very high speed to mix all the ingredients for about thirty (30) seconds.
– Add the milk and mix for 10 seconds longer.
– Add the shredded coconut and mix all of the ingredients.
– In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
– Add the flour mix to the banana mix and stir to combine the ingredients well.
– Add the sliced pecans.
– Fold the frozen blueberries in the mix. Don’t allow the blueberries to defrost.
– Pour the batter in the greased bread loaf pan.
– Bake in the heated oven for approximately fifty-five (55) to sixty minutes ’til the bread is firm on top and springs back when touched.
– Remove the bread loaf pan from the oven and cool for fifteen minutes before taking the prepared bread out of the pan.
– Leave the bread to cool on a wire rack.
– Wrap the bread firmly in plastic film and freeze for a day. Use the bread the day after cooking.
– Cut in slices to serve.
Here are two heavenly frosting recipes for you to use on the banana bread.
– Milk – 1 cup
– Flour – Five tablespoons
– Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
– Softened butter – One (1) cup
– Coarse-grained sugar – One cup
– Beat the milk and flour in a bowl over gentle heat ’til the mixture thickens.
– Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.
– In a fresh bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla ’til fluffy.
– Add the flour and milk mix to the butter-sugar mix and mix to create a smooth fluffy icing.
Banana Butter Icing
– Softened butter – Quarter (1/4) cup
– Mashed bananas – 1/2 cup
– Lemon juice – Half (1/2) teaspoon
– Vanilla extract – Half (1/2) teaspoon
– Powdered sugar – Three and a quarter (3 1/4) cups
– Cream the butter, lemon juice, mashed bananas and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl till fluffy.
– Gently add the confectioners’ sugar to the mix and beat well to get a smooth frosting.
– Spread on the bread and enjoy!
Anukriti has a novel point of view on bread and bread recipes. Anukriti’s avid eye for ’cause and effect’ enables her to substitute local ingredients and methods in traditional bread recipes.Her Quick Banana Bread Recipe is Anukriti’s latest fantastic offering.More of Anukriti’s unique recipes can be found on Bread Recipe Secrets.