Boiled carrots are a common part of many vegetable dishes, though not every kid enjoys eating them. You can easily turn fresh carrots into a delectable carrot cake recipe that may be taken as a serving of vegetables. The homemade carrot cake recipe given below will make you the star cook of the day.
What you will need:
– All-purpose flour – Two cups
– Ground cinnamon – Two teaspoons
– Ground all spice – Half (1/2) teaspoon
– Ground nutmeg – Quarter of a teaspoon
– Ground cloves – Quarter of a teaspoon
– Baking soda – Two (2) teaspoons
– Salt – Half a teaspoon
– Eggs (large) – Three
– Granular sugar – 1 1/2 cups
– Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
– Vegetable oil – One cup
– Sour milk – Half (1/2) cup
– Fresh grated carrots – 2 cups
– Fresh and crushed pineapple – One and a half cups
– Coconut (grated) – One (1) cup
– Crushed nuts – 1 cup
– Oil and a little flour to grease the cake pan
– Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Grease and flour a 10-inch round baking pan.
– In a mixer bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, all spice, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Be careful to avoid any lumps.
– Add the grated coconut to the mixture.
– In a fresh mixing bowl, mix the eggs, oil, granular sugar and brown sugar until the sugar starts to dissolve.
– Add the sour milk and crushed pineapple to the egg-sugar mix and mix well.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and stir all of the ingredients well. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to get all the ingredients.
– Slowly fold the grated carrots into the mix.
– Next, add the nuts and mix once.
– Pour the prepared batter in the greased cake baking pan and smooth the top.
– Bake in the heated oven for sixty (60) minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
– Let the cake cool in the pan for approx. ten minutes.
– Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack before serving or applying topping.
Note: You can replace all-purpose flour with a blend of 1 cup of whole wheat flour and one cup of all-purpose flour.
The carrot cake can be stored for up to two (2) weeks in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
– The cake can be served straight out of the oven.
– Cream cheese frosting dusted with a little maple sugar creates a great icing for the cake.
– You can also sprinkle roasted coconut chips on the icing.
– Sliced walnuts and shredded dates also make a nice garnish for home-made carrot cakes.
– Butter cream frosting and maple frosting make a good substitute for plain cream cheese.
– Ensure you cool the cake in the fridge before you serve it (if you use topping).
About the Author: Anu is a devoted baker whose eastern influence allows her to create the most amazing cake recipes.Anu’s extraordinary creations are found on Cake Recipe Secrets.This week you can find Anu’s Homemade Carrot Cake recipe as well as links to her other remarkable cake treats.